Personal Branding and Social Media Workshops for 16-18 Year Olds in Manchester
PERSONAL BRANDING AND SOCIAL MEDIA WORKSHOPS FOR 16-18 YEAR OLDS – MANCHESTER
PERSONAL BRANDING & SOCIAL MEDIA WORKSHOPS FOR 16-18 YEAR OLDS
Over the past 3 years we’ve delivered group workshops to over 3000 young people on Personal Branding and How To Use Social Media To Build Your Career
We’re now opening this up to 121 hands on workshops for both young people attending with a parent / guardian
Our 121 workshops will include
* What Is A Personal Brand?
* How To Use Social Media To Build Your Personal Brand
* The Importance Of Creating Content
* Playing To Your Strengths On Social Media
* Setting Up Your LinkedIn & Using It To Its Full Potential
* How to build your network
* Why the “old boys club” and “old girls network” is important?
* Twitter For Careers
* Social Media Privacy Settings and How To Safeguard Your Future
GETTING A JOB AND GETTING AHEAD HAS CHANGED SINCE YOU LEFT SCHOOL
A job for life doesn’t exist any more
The idea that you left school at 16 on a Friday and had a job for life on the Monday is something consigned to the history books
Crucially – the biggest cultural change of the past 15 years has happened with Social Media
What was once uttered and forgotten about is now online for the world to see and your life can be impacted massively in either a positive or negative way
Your Personal Brand and Your Online Reputation are Your Currency!!!
HAVE YOU EVER HEARD THE FOLLOWING PHRASES BEFORE?
“It’s not what you know, it’s who you know”
“You are the average of the 5 people you spend most time with”
“70% of employers screen candidates’ social media accounts”
“More than half of employers (54%) choose not to hire candidates based on things they find on social media pages”
IN 2019 YOUR PERSONAL BRAND AND SOCIAL MEDIA HAS NEVER BEEN MORE IMPORTANT
Here are some recent stats from UCAS in 2018
* In England, a record 27.9% of the 18 year old population have been accepted through UCAS
* A total of 411,860 have been placed on an undergraduate course
We know of course that employees aren’t just looking for qualifications
* The government plans to create 3 million apprenticeships by 2020
What makes you stand out in the market place in 2019 is
* Your Network
* Your Online Reputation
* What you do as well as your qualifications
* Everyone has a personal brand whether they like or not
* A personal brand is something live and breathe every day
* Your personal brand is amplified by social media
* You see your network more online than you do face 2 face
* People buy from People – and always have
YOUR CHILD’S FUTURE IS TOO IMPORTANT TO BE LEFT TO CHANCE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHO ARE THE WORKSHOPS FOR?
16-18 who are looking at the next stage of education and career
YOU SAY IT’S FOR 16-18 YEAR OLDS – COULD UNIVERSITY STUDENTS ATTEND AS WELL?
Yes – we often find the information universities give on Social Media is not up to date as it has to be standardised for a curriculum
So 100% – it will be valuable for them to attend
WE HAVE MORE THAN 1 SIBLING THAT WANTS TO ATTEND – CAN THEY?
Yes and we give a discount for additional members of the same family
HOW LONG DO THE WORKSHOPS LAST AND WHAT TIME ARE THEY?
Term time – 4-6pm
Holiday Time – All Day
WHO IS DELIVERING THE WORKSHOPS?
Alex McCann is owner of Altrincham HQ – a social media management and training company based in Cheshire that has worked with 1000’s of local business developing their social media strategy.
Over the past 10 years Alex has built up an impressive client list including the BBC, Manchester City, NHS, University Of Manchester, Manchester Arndale, Selfridges and many more
Each month Altrincham HQ spend 200+ hours per month managing marketing campaigns for businesses, so witness Social Media changes in real time and action them.
A former journalist, whose blogs have been read by over half a million readers, he has also successfully ran an events company putting on 60 events a year which included a 15,000 capacity arts & music festivals in Manchester.
Alex has 340+ LinkedIn testimonials and is ranked number 1 for Social Media Marketing in the UK via independent customer reviews on Freeindex.
Altrincham HQ works with businesses across the UK on all aspects of Social Media including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and blogging for business success.