QUESTION – Who only goes to the dentist BECAUSE the dentist markets to you every 6 months?
- <<< I GENUINELY BELIEVE IT IS MOST PEOPLE WHO READ THIS BLOG – SERIOUSLY – NOBODY PUTS IN THEIR DIARY “6 MONTHS SINCE I LAST WENT TO THE DENTIST” >>>
I spend less in the dentist in 1 year than I do socialising with friends in one weekend – yet the dentist still bothers to market to me and sending the reminder letter
If I haven’t responded and booked in 2 months later I get another reminder card or a phone call
In short – somewhere along the line in the long history of dentistry has decided the Total cost of the Database, postcards and the Total cost of postage generates enough of a marketing return from those that answer versus those that ignore
“Think About This – If the return you get from marketing activity is greater than the cost of marketing – shouldn’t you be investing in marketing!”
- Telling People About Your Business In An Engaging Way Works
- Caring About Your Customers More Than The Competition Works
- Striving To Be Even Better Even Though Your Better Than The Rest Works
- In Short – Great Marketing Works!
There are a lot of great marketing lessons to be learnt from more glamorous businesses – but the dentist is a reminder than simple effective timely reminders do work and you can’t deny it!