THE IMPORTANCE OF FACEBOOK SHARING AND HOW MANY OF US FORGET
Share and share alike is what we say
With social Media, sharing has been an integral part of the concept with most businesses / individuals used to Retweeting on a regular basis
BUT HOW MANY OF YOU REGULARLY SHARE CONTENT ON FACEBOOK? NOT MANY?
New facebook insights are probably about to change that, when you realise the huge potential of your own facebook pages network.
The all new Facebook insights have been talked about for the past couple of weeks, but have just gone live this morning across all our pagesTo enable your new insights – click to insights page right as normal and it will give you the option to enable new insights – after this point you will find it on page left as below.
WHAT DID WE FIND FOR ALTRINCHAM HQ ON NEW INSIGHTS?
Well most of Altrincham HQ’s social media activity is based on a large and dedicated following of over 1300 people on twitter, but a modest 218 fans on facebook.
The insights however tell us we have a network via friends of fans to 62,734 people – WOW!!!
Even better one of our biggest clients has a network of friends of fans of 482,515 people!!!
So huge potential for local businesses to tap into that network by engaging on www.facebook.com/altrinchamhq
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LIKING AND SHARING
Sounds simple but most people seem to get mixed up between liking and sharing on facebook
Things to note
* Liking a page means you get all the pages updates – when you like a page it appears on your main facebook timeline that you have just liked that page
* Liking a status, link or photo on a page is a nod of agreement – most status / link / photo likes appear in the ticker at the top right of your facebook (which to be honest most people don’t look at)
* A share of a status / link / event . photo etc appears in the main timeline that people look at all the time
So the important thing to remember is Sharing is always viewed by more people than a simple like (or nod of agreement)
(Example above of Altrincham HQ sharing local businesses Yogberries status update + 1 other person sharing it)
SIMPLE SHARING TIPS TO HELP YOUR OWN BUSINESS
* As always the more engaging the content the more likely your fans are likely to share… also remember photos often speak more than words so don’t just do text updates
* Remember to share your business page on your personal facebook wall at least once every 2 weeks (click the share button page left)
* Encourage staff to share the page also – after all they often benefit from extra business via offer of Overtime / tips etc
* Form mutual sharing agreements with local businesses that have a natural synergy i.e Wedding Organisers & Florist, Music School & Music Instrument Shop, Clothes Shop & Shoe Shop, Take Away & Off License
* But like twitter where a timeline of asking people to Retweet you looks really bad – don’t constantly ask people to share your content or page ALL the time
WHAT YOU WAITING FOR?
Go engage at www.facebook.com/altrinchamhq – tap into our 62,734 strong network and grow yours at the same time